Friday, March 22, 2013

5th "Lego" Birthday Party!

I was excited to do a "Lego" themed birthday party for Matthew's 5th Birthday.  Six months prior to his birthday, he had told me he wanted an "Angry Birds" party.  I was "so so" on that idea, but shortly after we took the boys to Legoland for the first time, it was all Lego from then on out.  It was so much fun organizing many Lego party ideas on Pinterest. (Check out my board to see where I got many of these ideas, etc...)  I got so many cheap, but cute ideas from there.  Here are some pics of the decor:

Kitchen table...Caprisun boxes covered in dollar store wrapping paper to make legos!

I made 40 of these "Lego" plates by simply drawing the face on a yellow square plate with a Sharpie, and attaching a little yellow "knob" with a hot glue gun.

View of table and room...(sorry it's blurry!)

How rad is the cake my friend Kynda of Cake Whimsy by Kyndalynn made!?!

It was a vanilla cake, with strawberry filling, fluffy buttercream frosting, and covered with fondant accents...

Cute Lego guy!

Little extra touches like the water bottle labels...

 Buffet...

 This was created with the Lego Photo App on iPhone...since I have an android, I sent a pic to a friend, and she sent it right back to me.  I then printed it off at Walmart...so fun!

The #5 on a lego plate...

Green bubble wrap for a table runner...looks just like a lego plate...cool idea!

Cake was on a box I covered with "lego brick" fabric.  I also made many "legos" to tape on the windows out of craft paper, and using a circular punch and raised stickers...

 The candles I found at Target...and WAY cheaper than some I had found on Amazon...

This little "mini figure" lego man candle I found on Etsy...

M is ready to party! (Shirt also from Etsy...)

This is as good as it gets these days for a family photo...

Darth M...

With cousins ready to sing!

 Ready to open gifts...

He was thrilled to get Yoda!

Super excited to get Candy Land...

Decapitated "Lego Men"...courtesy of two boys I know...

Singing "Happy Birthday"...


 Pin It














No comments: