Monday, June 28, 2010

A Day to Celebrate

Last Wednesday was Chris's 43rd birthday!  He requested a pineapple upside down cake for the occasion.  I used crushed pineapple instead of rings like his mother does.  It turned out perfect and yummy!  I also got tall sparkler "trick" candles for the cake, since Matthew LOVES blowing out candles.  It was fun to watch him keep blowing them out.  He had a good time...

The cake!

Having fun with the candles...

After dinner, we headed out to go see Toy Story 3!!  Matthew's very first movie in a theater.  He did surprisingly well.  There were moments we had to "corral" him, but over all we were very please on how he behaved.  Of course the bribery with popcorn and Sprite helped!  It was an awesome movie...

First time in a theater seat (he looks very calm in this pic)...

1 comment:

Laura said...

pineapple upside down is my fave... and I have to say I would've guessed your hubby was in his mid-30's at the most!!