Thursday, March 18, 2010

Mini Green Velvet Cupcakes

When I saw these posted on TastyKitchen, I knew I had to make them for St. Patrick's Day.  I think they are the most cute and clever St. Patrick's Day treats ever!  How can you go wrong with a GREEN mini cupcake, and cream cheese frosting sprinkled with yellow sprinkles and gold pearl dust for that "pot 'o gold" look?  Not only are they adorable, they are extremely yummy as well.  These little darlings were created by Jenny over at Picky Palate.  Check out her awesome blog as well. Here is a link to the recipe.

Here are the the cute shamrock cupcake liners, the sprinkles/gold pearl dust, and the icing coloring I used instead of the green paste.


The awesome decorating set from Sur La Table by Kuhn Rikon...the dual-chamber decorating tube sold me.

Matthew has a great time licking the batter...

Ready to bake...such a nice bright green!

All set to frost with my new "toy"...I love it!

Ready to serve them to our Life Group Wednesday evening...

A nice close-up so you can see the sprinkles on top...

My little "Leprechaun" approves of the treat...


Pin It

1 comment:

Laura said...

very fun!! I want that decorating set now!!