Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Broiler Pan

Well I consider myself a good cook (not to toot my own horn), but I do spend some time in the kitchen. I am not an advanced cook by any means (I'll save that for those who are professionally trained, and have way more knowledge than I.) It may come a surprise to some of you, but there are some things I have never done cooking wise: 1.) Roast my own turkey. (This has always been my grandmothers job.) 2.) Used a bundt pan. (Thanks to my Aunt Jean just getting me one, I will soon!) 3.) Used a broiler pan. (Until last week that is!) This past week I made two different things using my broiler pan. First I made some bacon wrapped jalepeno poppers, and then a few days later I made a meatloaf wrapped in bacon (hmmm, a theme here??). A broiler pan is great because all the fat can run off, and that can be a good thing when you don't want something swimming in grease. Ick! Oh, and a good trick I learned is to line the bottom of the broiler pan with foil to make for easy clean up. Niffy! So, I say to you all, it is time to rediscover (or discover for that matter), your broiler pan! I'm glad I did.

The meatloaf...


Yummy, bacon wrapped jalepeno poppers!




2 comments:

Laura said...

I think I've sort of forgotten about the broiler for the last couple years!

And since you're likely a WAY better cook than I... I'm proud to say I've roasted my own turkey and nearly worn out my bundt pan;)

Elaine said...

Pork fat rules! Pork fat in a broiler pan, even better!