Saturday, October 31, 2009

Frontera Grill

On Wednesday evening, Chris and I headed into Chicago to go to Frontera Grill, one of my favorite restaurants by chef Rick Bayless. After a scramble for a last minute babysitter, we had a great time getting away to the city, and enjoyed a wonderful meal! We started off with the appetizer platter(guacamole, cheviche tostadas, jicama salad, chicken tacquitos, cheese quesadillas, and two salsas with chips), then I had a wonderful meal of pork loin in a chile sauce with a fig salsa, and a roasted butternut squash puree. Chris had the steak tacos al carbon. For dessert we had an awesome chocolate ice cream that also had fig, reisling, and orange flavors in it with with a homemade hot fudge sauce on the side. It was a great evening to celebrate my "unofficial" birthday. I was born overseas (Taiwan), and technically it was still the 28th here in the states. So legally my birthday is the 29th, but I like to "milk" the two day for all its worth!

At the bar, and Chris and I...


Some pics of the food...

1 comment:

MKB said...

Your blog is so pleasing to the eye! You really have a way with your photos. Looks like a great birthay....beautiful birthday girl in a gorgeous sweater:)