Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Chicago Christmas Tradition

Matthew didn't quite know what to think of all the window displays and people...
Outside Macy's, and the tree this year in the Walnut Room.
Mmmmm, I am ready to eat some yummy Mexican food!

Ok, so I had to go to the old Marshall Fields/Macy's to let Matthew see the window displays before Christmas. It was something I enjoyed whenever possible growing up, and I wanted to carry on the tradition. They have been predicting a horrible winter storm all week, so when we got up this morning, we decided just to get in the car, drive the almost 2 hrs. downtown, view the window displays at Macy's, and eat at Frontera Fresca on the 7th floor. (By one of my favorite chefs, Rick Bayless, of Frontera Grill/Topolobampo.) Then we came right home to beat the weather. Crazy yes, worth it, ABSOLUTELY!

No comments: